Thursday, December 22, 2011

Top 10 Favorite Pictures of the Year

Been a year of fun photos, fun food, and fun stories, so here's a series of some of my favorite pictures of the year and why.  Keep in mind - these aren't necessarily in order.  It's hard to assign official ranks.

10. All Thanksgiving Dessert


Layers of cake, bananas, blackberries, orange and black cherry Jello all held together by whipped cream and topped with kiwi and maraschino cherries.  This was something I made for Thanksgiving and it's a different version of the more well known red-white-blue All American Dessert that's made for July 4th. 

9. Greg's Gourmet - The First Shirt


Come on - this is awesome.  There's nothing quite like seeing your name and animated self on a t-shirt.  Ironically, I've never taken a full picture of myself in one of these.  There's video, but no stills which is kind of ironic considering I've always demanded my fans to send me pictures of them wearing their stuff.



Just the story alone is enough to make it one of my favorite pictures of the year.  It's a good conversation starter in alternate dimensions and when my sister took the jar, it leaked in her car.  How can you go wrong?



This is an armed castle constructed of like 8 churros, ice cream, and whipped cream.  If only the churros had tasted as good as the picture looks.  



What sets this steak aside from all the others that I ate at the All-You-Can-Eat Prime Rib Buffet for $11.75 is its size, color, and I distinctly remember it being absolutely delicious.  Plus there had to be some steak picture in this group.



Also known as Taco Yucky, this was my first taste of octopus and it was really, really good.  What I like about this picture is that it captures the action with us attempting to flip one of the balls so it cooks on both sides.



This was from a meal at Phil's BBQ and while I would always take a beef hamburger over turkey and can't stand onion rings, you can't deny the awesomeness of this picture.  The sheer size of this thing is just astounding.  It's so big that we're in it right now.



This is just delicious.  Giant turkey leg, mashed potatoes, and stuffing.  How can you go wrong?



Whipped this beauty up for my dad's birthday.  It's got ham, turkey, 4 types of cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions on one side, and a variety of seasonings.  My sandwich is bigger than Jared's sandwich.



Even bigger portions of turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing on what I believe is the greatest meal of the year: Thanksgiving!

HONORABLE MENTION



I had this only a few days ago and it's already one of my favorite pictures.  The guy behind the counter gave me way more than he should have and for only 5 dollars this thing is a steal.  It took me two meals to eat it all and then I suffered from indigestion for most of the next day.  It might have had something to do with the fact that I finished the meal at 11 at night right before bed so it was just sitting there for 7 hours and then went to work when I woke up, but that clearly isn't logical.  



What I love about this picture is that it looks as gross as it tastes.  Sometimes you can't find words to describe things and would prefer to let the picture do the talking and this is one of those cases.  I mean, that soda has lumps.  LUMPS!!!



Looks gorgeous, tasted just eh.  I still ate it of course.



Back in the 90s my family experimented with a plush toy based off of our golden retriever, Jodie.  Naturally, Jodie's slobbering tendencies were the inspiration. 



A really tasty pepperoni pizza.  No explanation necessary.

The In-N-Out Epic 4x4


In-N-Out used to make your burger as large as you wanted it, but I think they capped it at 4.  Maybe next time I'll see if I can go for the 5x5 and really push it to the limit. 

Thanks for reading!