Thursday, September 29, 2011

Schtickle of Flouride

Last night was Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.  It's a time for review, a time for self fulfillment, and a time to think of what we can do to make ourselves better.  Or, in this case, a time to eat a lot of good food and then review, self fulfill, and think of ways to make ourselves better.

This dinner had a lot going in it.  First off, I cooked.  Sort of.  But not really.  The mashed potatoes were mine, though.  There's also this:

Oooooh yeaaaaaah

This was the core of the meal; a giant turkey leg, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and kugel.  Kugel is basically a Jewish pudding.  And there was this:

Hey Jared, my matzo balls are bigger than your matzo balls

The turkey.  The full bird was 12 pounds

Hallah aka "really good Jewish bread" provided by Charlie's Best Bread, which shaped it as a circle to represent the cycle of another year

My mashed potatoes.  I thought I put too much milk in but they were reportedly really good

The stuffing and the kugel and a couple different gravies

But the thing that we all eat dinner for...DESSERT:

It was so beautiful I didn't want to cut into it, but after I did I couldn't stop eating it

Terrific meal and Happy New Year to my Jewish family and friends!  Just remember - "it's our sense of humor that's sustained us as a people for 3000 years."  "5000."  "5000!  Even better!"

Thanks for reading!