Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Greek Gourmet

Last week I had dinner at a place called Cafe Athena in Pacific Beach, CA.  I have kind of a history here;  no one has ever said hello upon walking in.  In fact, when I walked in to get a menu, this girl, who I guess is supposed to be a hostess, stared blankly at me as if I was Daniel Tosh doing stand-up.  But this meal, courtesy of Bone Crusher, I was still looking forward to since Athena puts a lot of effort into plate presentation...oh, and that I was being treated, of course:

Riganato - roasted half chicken marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, and oregano served with Briami, lemon potatoes, and garlic Aioli sauce.

Wasn't bad.  Half of the half-chicken was good, the other half of the half-chicken was a bit dry.  Also at this meal:

An appetizer

There were so many big worded items on that plate, so rather than list the fancy names I'll just list the essential parts: grape leaves, rice, cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes, olives, feta, pita bread, and a gnarley yogurt sauce.  It was really, really good.  There was also this:

Another appetizer

That egg-roll type deal has really, really good lamb in it. 

Bone Crusher's entree

I'm actually not sure which entree this is but it looks good, right?  Right.

Thanks for reading!