Sunday, August 14, 2011

Denny's Double Cheeseburger - My Everest

You've seen me post tons of burgers on here.  Doubles, bacon, double bacon, double cheese, pastrami, peanut butter, government spending, etc.  But there's always been one burger that has been able to defeat me regularly on my eating conquests: the double cheeseburger from Denny's:

Holy cow!

I think I've had about 5 of these in my life and I've been able to finish it maybe twice and even then it was tough.  I finished this one but it was a battle in the last third of it.  Then I looked at the nutritional facts because in the biggest scam since printer cartridges, restaurants are now required to produce obvious nutritional information for their food.  So I check out the little brochure and see that this thing has three days' worth of fat in it (a whopping 87 grams.  You should have about 30 in a day).  Most impressive.  

Anyway, it was really good.  These things are okay to have once in a while but you gotta be pretty frickin' hungry if you're gonna take it on, and this is coming from a guy who brags about eating 4 steaks at a prime rib buffet.

Thanks for reading!