Wednesday, April 24, 2013

1 Steak, 1 Rib Rack, 1 Plate

So obviously I'm getting behind on Hell's Kitchen because what started out as a good rebound season has quickly tanked faster than Congress' approval rating.

Instead I'm gonna do what this site was originally all about: posting pictures of the food I eat for the world to see.  And tonight I got a good one for ya.  Last week we went to Outback Steakhouse.  Now, I've been very critical of Outback in the past because, well, it's not that good.  I mean how does someone make a bacon cheeseburger taste like a piece of toasted carpet lint?

You could imagine my pleasant surprise when I opened the menu to find a new special: steak and ribs on the same plate.  With a baked potato no less.  If you've ever had a meal with me you know how indecisive I can be, so whenever I see some kind of combination I get all excited like Vin Diesel at the announcement of a new "Fast and the Furious" sequel to extend his acting career.

Please forgive the dark picture - Outback's lighting doesn't really encourage food photography 

The cool thing is this actually tasted good, which is obviously half the battle when going into Outback.  But I gotta say - they redeemed themselves with this.  I mean, the cool factor alone is enough to make even Carrot Top not seem so lame - and that's really saying something.