Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Scorpion Centered Lollipop

I've featured a lot of really weird things on here; pigs lips, yogurt soda, a store called Dick's Liquor, so we're obviously no foreigners to novelty items.  I've also shared my first time experiences with all different kinds of proteins such as duck, goat, and octopus, so we're also not foreigners to trying new things.  But this, my friends, I think I'll draw the line with:

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a scorpion pop?

I picked this guy up at Rocket Fizz in Valencia, CA.  I had seen a show on the Food Network that documented the production of these kinds of "candies" but I can't recall the title.  I don't really have any plans to actually eat this but I couldn't resist purchasing it just as a joke. 

The company is called Hotlix and I strongly recommend checking out their website if you wanna be grossed out.  The scorpion lollipop is relatively tame compared to the other things they've got listed including some kind of BBQ flavored larvae snacks.  Insect candy industry - apparently doing well.  But the really funny thing is that I would actually buy a couple of these if some people would be willing to do a taste test cause I'm just that awesome.