Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hair with an Eggs Benedict Around It

In need of some comfort food the other day, Josh and I ventured to our old hangout, Lake Murray Cafe in La Mesa, CA.  As you may or may not know, things soured with the Murray a while back when their once epic large portions started to shrink along with the quality of the food.  Case in point: Thanksgiving 2010 they sold me a dozen half-baked rolls. The result was everyone losing their appetite and a subsequent boycott.  The boycott ended almost a year later when we ventured to the sister Mission Valley Cafe and it was pretty good.  But then in my only return visit to Lake Murray it was discovered that they shrunk the pancakes from plate-size to frozen Krusteaz size.  Cool story, bro.

Anyway, an ongoing gag with the Murray Crew is that Josh always wanted to try the Eggs Benedict but they stop serving it after 1 PM.  But on this day we arrived in time:


The meal itself was fine...until I found hair on the bottom of the plate.  It looked like facial hair.  It could have been from me so I can't be too quick to judge, but given Lake Murray's shrinking standards and the fact that I once got violently ill from eating their food, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was shaving while cooking this thing.  So I'm not quite sure what to think of this.