Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My 5th Trip to KFC

I know this may sound hard to believe, but I've only been to KFC a handful of times.  Like five times, no exaggeration for once.  I really don't know how or why.  I've always liked KFC where they do chicken right.  I'm madly in love with their extensive menu of side items.  So why haven't I been there more often?  I really don't know.  I guess they're just not that high in the fast food totem pole for me.  Anyway, fifth trip right here:


I know what you're thinking: "Greg, you went to KFC for the first time since the Clinton Administration and you get chicken strips?  You must be a douchebag."  I know - I should have gotten the classic stuff.  I was also thinking about one of those bowls that has chicken, potatoes, corn, and cheese all mixed into one.  But those 5 dollar meal deals are hard to resist, man.  The whole thing, though, was just okay.  Maybe an off day, I dunno.  I mean, it wasn't bad but it didn't leave me salivating.  Still, I'm interested in trying it again before too long.  It was cool because I was in Lakeside and this was located in a big empty parking lot.  If you've been around me long enough then you know how much I hate parking lots and how horrible of a parker I am.  So that was refreshing.

But anyway, I've been to KFC so few times that I can actually recall each visit:

1 - 4th grade for Kyle Curran's birthday.  Even then I was amazed by their extensive sides menu.  The thing we found hysterical about this visit is the cashier dude sounded exactly like Jack from Jack in the Box.  

2 - I was about 13 when my folks went out house hunting for the weekend, leaving my sister and I home alone (I'm pretty sure we didn't see each other the entire weekend).  When they came back on Sunday they had some KFC with them.  It was good.

3 - A friend came to visit me in Sacramento, drove me halfway around the world, then stopped at KFC for dinner. I'm pretty sure it was good. 

4 - I was working at a film camp in Hollywood and for lunch one day we had KFC.  Or, as the party pooper health people prefer, KGC. 

So that's that.  I'd like to try it again.  Maybe get some of the classic recipe. And hey, since we're on the topic of chicken...I know I've never posted anything like this before, but...

I know I say this a lot, but if it were acceptable I'd eat this everyday

Seriously - never gets old.  And in a new turn of events, I actually ate this whole thing in one sitting.  I don't think that's happened before.  I consider that a notable accomplishment, right up there with the Nobel Peace Prize and the Silver Slugger Award.

By the way, the above meal?  5 dollar meal deal. 

OH YEAH!