Monday, January 16, 2012

Your Basic Weekend Junk Food

"When have I ever eaten myself sick?" "Every time you're here."  

It's true - every time I go up to Los Angeles it seems like I get myself into some sort of digestive trouble.  It's not my fault...actually it is my fault, but it's just easier to blame society or the government or something.  

Anyway, to start off the weekend, The World According to Suz took me to the Fuji Grill in Orange, CA where we both got the Tokyo Steak bowls:

So it's not a bowl but I had a terrible geometry teacher anyway

I downed this in about 40 seconds.  I recall going to this place several months ago and ordering the bowl that has steak and chicken and walking away feeling disappointed in it.  But this was really good.  They also have an eel bowl which I'm interested in trying next time.  

For dinner that night with The World According to Rich and other family in Santa Clarita, we had a pair of pizzas from ZPizza:

If this pizza were a person, he/she would have no personality

Caption this because I have no idea what this one was called

The pizzas aren't the most photogenic, but they're good.  This night they weren't as hot as they could have been, which is weird because we picked them up fresh out of the oven, but they taste nice.  And they cook them all the way through so the cheese stays on, and if you've read this blog long enough you'll know that one of my pet peeves is when cheese falls off because whoever's cooking it takes it out of the oven too early.  I also thought for a second that ZPizza was a small local chain, but foolish me, Santa Clarita has maybe three independent restaurants in the whole city.  One of them, the Saugus Cafe, dates back to the 1800s.  I proposed we wake up at dawn to get there before the crowds but for some reason we couldn't get up that early.  Weird.  

I've got some more delicious greasiness but I'll post those later.

Thanks for reading!