Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Salt Creek Thrill

Here's a club sandwich I had from the Salt Creek Grille in Valencia, CA:

Some kind of club with garlic fries

It was a pretty good sandwich overall.  I had walked by the Salt Creek Grille bunches of times before but can't really remember if I had ever been inside.  One of the reasons that I can't remember is that it's too similar to every other restaurant in the Santa Clarita Valley, most notably the Elephant Bar.  Same colors, same decor, same uniforms, same menu.  The only thing missing is a giant elephant's head sticking out of the main entryway.  

Dessert: Key Lime Pie and fleshy human fingers

That actually may be a key lime cheesecake but their website isn't listing their desserts so we're left to wonder.  Whatever it was, it was filling.  

Oh, here's something else that you've probably seen at Starbucks during the last month and a half:

Flavor orgasm

Here's another one provided by the Female Billy Mays:

I stole it from a kid on a Razor scooter.  Baller!

These things are frickin' amazing!!!!!!  It's like the prospect of your team signing Prince Fielder but also the satisfying feeling that when he's gone for 9 years and $214 million you thank the powers that be that it wasn't your team forking that cash over.  Yeah, I had to dig deep for that one.  But seriously!  A terrific idea.  I hope they keep these things year round but I kind of doubt they will. 

Here's a burger I had a while back from Islands.  I have no idea what it is

Thanks for reading!