Saturday, February 26, 2011

Prime Rib Buffet

About twice a month I get to enjoy an $11.75 all-you-can-eat prime rib buffet down at the Navy sub base - a well kept secret since you need security clearance just to get on the base.  It's this beautiful place located on the water of San Diego Bay beside the submarines and other aquatic vessels and across the bay from downtown.  It's a great view.  But as far as this blog is concerned, the real good stuff is inside where you can eat as much prime rib/mashed potatoes as you like for about 12 bucks.  I mean come on - what's better, the value or the food?  Just the thought gets me excited.

So it was about a week and a half go when I last went and downed three steaks (my record is four) and then subsequently got sick for a week with a cold.  I'm not sure if they're related.

Since photography is prohibited in the Navy base (and possibly the Sub base but I'm not sure) there are no photographs for this venture, so enjoy this one of a prime rib roast I got off the net.


It pretty much looks exactly like this; you go up to the chef and he cuts you a roughly 10 ounce slice as many times as you want.  It's great.