Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gourmet Classics: The Peanut Butter Burger

A new feature to this blog is going to be to post pictures of the food that has made its mark and endured the test of time to still be relevant today.  What the hell does that mean?  It means the food was either so good or so interesting that it still makes for a good story today.  As you can see from the title, a peanut butter burger will most likely make for an interesting story.

So here we have the Skippy Burger from Hamburger Patti's in Sacramento, CA:

Yes, that brown creamy substance is peanut butter.  On a slab of beef.  With fried potatoes.  Due to my compulsiveness to try interesting things, I simply had to try this burger and it actually wasn't half bad.  Mid-way through I started to feel the effects of a peanut butter gooped piece of beef, at which I point I added ketchup and mustard to balance things out.  

Overall this was surprisingly not bad, but I wouldn't have it again.