Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Prime Rib Buffet (ACTUAL PICTURES!)

Greg's Gourmet received the great honor and privilege to be granted photography rights at the Oceanview Room, home to one of my favorite meals ever: The Prime Rib All-You-Can-Eat-Buffet for $11.75.  Located on the highly secure submarine base in Point Loma, photography is restricted on many parts of the various bases, but today Greg's Gourmet received permission to photograph not the nuclear subs, the amphibious assault ships, nor the North Island runway --- but the PRIME RIB!  

Steak 1

Steak 2

Steak 3

Steak 4

Yes, I take "all-you-can-eat" as a personal challenge.  I only made it halfway through the fourth, but man was this food outta sight.  But of course there was room for dessert!

Slice of cake and cherry cobbler

Ice cream with a little bit of each topping

Chocolate mint

All that food for $11.75.  One prime rib goes for at least $15 anywhere else.  Here we've got four thick slabs, potatoes, cake, cobbler, and ice cream for $11.75.  Not to mention the Oceanview is right on the water with excellent views of incoming ships, subs, and boats into San Diego harbor, plus the staff is really nice.  

I'm very excited I had the opportunity to get these photos as I've spoken of this place for a while but never had any photographic evidence...but now I do!

Thanks for reading!