Sunday, October 16, 2011

Real Bieber Fever

This is a food blog.  It wouldn't be the place to go on a random rant about Justin Bieber, no matter how deserving it would be.  But today, my friends, I have an appropriate reason.  Oh yes I do:

Don't these pictures just say "Please beat the crap out of me"?

A toothbrush that plays the tunes of Bieber while you brush your teeth.  You know that feeling you get when you get a really bad stomach ache and think "I shouldn't have eaten that"?  Yeah, that's how I feel about this.  Now, while Greg's Gourmet fully endorses good oral hygiene habits, I think I would rather dip my teeth into a batter of coagulated motor oil that's been sitting in the stomach of a decaying pig before I'd stick that toothbrush in my mouth.  I mean seriously, what is this?

If you really have to listen to Justin Bieber while you brush your teeth (and somehow manage to avoid gagging yourself), why don't you just, like, bring his song up on the computer?  Or your phone?  Or your MP3 player?  Or your tablet?  Or one of the many other technological mediums that can stream music?  Why you need to resort to sticking a singing Justin Bieber toothbrush inside your mouth while scraping your whites is beyond me.

But that's just my opinion.  Onto a more attractive food item:

Pigs feet!

I've never had pigs feet but I have to wonder who invented the concept of actually turning these things into a culinary item.  "Hey, that animal over there has some attractive feet.  Let's eat them!"  I will say this, though: if some random cannibal is planning to eat me and gives me the choice to determine which body part they get, I'd probably say my foot.  And I would definitely eat these before brushing my teeth with the Bieber brush.

The food posting department has been kind of slow lately, but here's a Polish Kielbasa I had at the Del Mar Pet Expo the other day, courtesy of Just A Dog Pit Bull Rescue:

Oh yeah

Those Poles know how to eat, I tell you what.

Thanks for reading!